Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball News Get the latest paintball scuttlebutt here.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
find the board and you can ban me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
But it's not Wal-Marts job to babysit juvenile delinquents. They exist to show a profit on every sale. They're going to misbehave one way or the other, would you rather Wal-Mart get the blame, or your local pro-shop?

If you're that worried about it, talk to the local Wal-Mart's sporting goods manager, see if they'll let you put something up directing players to a good field in the area.

very good point, i would rather see Wal_mart get into trouble for selling to people under 18 years of age then my local shop
Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Not a Mafioso, just a Hanger-on

Quote:
But it's not Wal-Marts job to babysit juvenile delinquents. They exist to show a profit on every sale. They're going to misbehave one way or the other, would you rather Wal-Mart get the blame, or your local pro-shop?

If you're that worried about it, talk to the local Wal-Mart's sporting goods manager, see if they'll let you put something up directing players to a good field in the area.
not their job...sure...but why wait 'til AFTER it becomes a problem? Understand, that alot of kids just starting out don't have the money to shell out for equipment (which is why they are buying the cheap pieces of crap from Walmart in the first place)...these are the same kids who are going to go out and play outlaw ball (because why pay field fees, when we already own the equipment, and can play in the back 40 for free??) with no refs, or even a clue of what safe play is, and shoot their buddy in the face without a mask on (because he's removed it in the middle of a game to wipe fog off his lens), because they don't understand the safety concerns involved?

I'm not super worried, because I won't be the one getting shot while unmasked, etc...hell, it's been over 2 years since the last time I played anyway...but enough idiotic behavior with paintball guns, promotes legislation against the sport, and the equipment...

get it? but I suppose it's not your job to get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Barbarian, when asked what is "best"
To Crush your enemies...to see them driven before you...and to hear the lamentation of their women...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
BEO Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d067 View Post
and shoot their buddy in the face without a mask on (because he's removed it in the middle of a game to wipe fog off his lens), because they don't understand the safety concerns involved?
We need to keep these types from procreating anyways. If you are too stupid to play paintball...you are too stupid for many other things that are harmful.

I'm sure when you were a kid you did plenty of stupid stuff without proper safety equipement.

When you were a baby you probably weren't in a car seat. Probably played war with pellet guns and no goggles. Rode a bike with no helmet. A motorcycle with no helmet. Sex with no helmet...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil
What I hate about women, is that their only hobbies are ruining ours
Old 12-07-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothice View Post
We need to keep these types from procreating anyways. If you are too stupid to play paintball...you are too stupid for many other things that are harmful.

I'm sure when you were a kid you did plenty of stupid stuff without proper safety equipement.

When you were a baby you probably weren't in a car seat. Probably played war with pellet guns and no goggles. Rode a bike with no helmet. A motorcycle with no helmet. Sex with no helmet...

sure...and now we have seat belt laws, etc...apparently you don't get it either...don't let the douchebags ruin it for the rest of us...

Quote:
To Crush your enemies...to see them driven before you...and to hear the lamentation of their women...
Old 12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

the walmart's & other stores around here won't sell ya paint unless your 18
My personal opinion about walmart is this , I do my best to not go in one , so is Kee going to have everything made in China so it will match the rest of the store
Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d067 View Post
get it? but I suppose it's not your job to get it
I'm not defending Wal-Mart, so you can shove that attitude. Blaming Wal-Mart for paintballs problems is like blaming the bartender because you ordered a shitty beer.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 PM
find the board and you can ban me

Quote:
I'm not defending Wal-Mart, so you can shove that attitude. Blaming Wal-Mart for paintballs problems is like blaming the bartender because you ordered a shitty beer.
I raise a beer to your post my pork BBQ loving friend
Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 PM

Mmmm...dead pig on bread
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
wow...now that's just a little convoluted...I'm not blaming walmart for paintball's problems...in fact I haven't suggested paintball has problems (that's a rant for another time)...I am, however suggesting that selling paintball gear, ready to use, right out of the box, without any preparation, or instruction on proper use, and safe handling is foolish, and should be considered a bad idea...

and the rise in paintball related accidents will raise eyebrows and cause the sport to receive unwanted attention...

as smoothice just lined out...when we were younger, there weren't seatbelt laws, child carseat laws, helmet laws, bicycle helmet laws, etc...30 years from now it could easily be my kids saying "when we were younger we were allowed to play paintball/buy paintball equipment"...

so tell me...if you're on a paintball field, and someone takes their mask off in the middle of a game, do you tell them to put it back on? I'm guessing you do, even though it's not your job...yes?

Quote:
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Rusty Shead Tool

I shoot them in the face to teach them a lesson.