Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball News Get the latest paintball scuttlebutt here.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d067 View Post
selling paintball gear, ready to use, right out of the box, without any preparation, or instruction on proper use, and safe handling is foolish, and should be considered a bad idea...
I've purchased guns from pro shops and have gotten the same treatment as at Wal-Mart, I pick what I want, they take my money, I leave the store. I've never seen someone at a shop go through the minutia of safety or use. Maybe yours does, but that may be why we're not agreeing.

As far as someone on the field lifting their mask, you bet I will, and have. It's far different to be on the field with that situation than it is in the aisle of the store.

I EXPECT Wal-Mart to follow their guidelines and only sell paintball products to people who are over the age of 18. What those people do after they leave the store is not the responsibility of Wal-Mart. It can't be. Now, if they do not follow the rules and sell to a juvenile, that's on them. If the buyer goes out and starts a vandalism run, I can't find fault with Wal-Mart, because they're not in business to refuse sales, unless the buyer indicates illegal intent. If the buyer goes out to the back 40, doesn't chrono, and doesn't wear safety gear, even though safety warnings are plastered all over the packaging and guns, well, they're an idiot.

How is being an idiot Wal-Marts fault?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Founding Member

I think k0m0d067's point is not to blame Wal-mart but to point out that with this new ready available lets get stupid in a box, that as a sport is going to get a LOT of negative attention. Yes we all know that Wal-mart is a money grubbing whore and will sell just about anything. But what i agree with is that we dont need any more negative attention to the sport.

I have been pulled over at least 3-4 times with my gear in the car. Its very apperent that what ever town you are in and get pulled over if they have a paintball issue. I was asked to get out and stand behind the car cause of my gear in the car. This will become more wide spread and as it hits the MEDIA more and more we will be lucky if you can find new feilds to open or even if they deside no more in this town. Hell in Germany you CAN NOT UPGRADE your marker. (Not that its a bad thing but they shoot fast enuff.) But how strick will some of the new laws become cause a select few ASSHATS that ruin it for those of us who abide by the rules...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
When in Rome act like a Roman, when in America act like an American.

Smoked-Pork and Beer, for the win!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
find the board and you can ban me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberave68 View Post
I think k0m0d067's point is not to blame Wal-mart but to point out that with this new ready available lets get stupid in a box, that as a sport is going to get a LOT of negative attention. Yes we all know that Wal-mart is a money grubbing whore and will sell just about anything. But what i agree with is that we dont need any more negative attention to the sport.

my local pro shop offers package deals with any marker you buy( for a little extra)
every tank bought comes with a free fill at time of purchase

and wham-bham you are ready for outlaw ball

now you can sit there and eplain to them what to do and what not to do until you are blue in the face and no matter what for some of them that goes in one ear and out of their ass

people are going to be stupid no matter where they bu from

so how is that different then wal-mart
Old 12-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redic View Post
people are going to be stupid no matter where they bu from

so how is that different then wal-mart
Yes agreed the ones by me also sell and give your first free fill. But there isnt a proshop on every corner of every state, making access to this "Lets get stupid in a box" WAY to easy...

Quote:
When in Rome act like a Roman, when in America act like an American.

Smoked-Pork and Beer, for the win!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

HEY Billy " watch this "
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Quad Violation Porking Everyone.

It is not the end of the world. It could be worse they could exclusively be stocking 50 cal crap, ala GImilsim.

”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

It is called "The Bill Of Rights," " Not the Bill Of Needs."

Old 12-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Not a Mafioso, just a Hanger-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
It is not the end of the world. It could be worse they could exclusively be stocking 50 cal crap, ala GImilsim.

WIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Barbarian, when asked what is "best"
To Crush your enemies...to see them driven before you...and to hear the lamentation of their women...
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Quad Violation Porking Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d067 View Post
WIN!
Like or Hate Wally-World, one has to give them Credit for knowing what sells. If Walmart knows 50 cal is a non selling turd you can be sure that .50 won`t fly.

”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

It is called "The Bill Of Rights," " Not the Bill Of Needs."