Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball Talk Live and die Paintball

Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Not a Mafioso, just a Hanger-on

Default Very shady/suspicious Sale thread on AO

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...39#post2742939

some of you (SSP boys, and Smooth) have already noticed this thread, but everything about this thread seems more than a little "too good to be true"

first he lists a bunch of stuff dirt cheap (Xvalves for $120...an Emax valve for $100?) then he changes the prices on the Xvalves, quoting the excuse "I'm selling them for a friend, and that's why the prices changed"...

he is also apparently deleting the pictures of the things he has sold, which, in my book, is a huge no-no, until after the buyer has received the items...

to his credit, I suppose, he HAS refunded one payment...but it's odd, no one has bothered asking him to see if he has any feedback?

any bets on how this turns out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Barbarian, when asked what is "best"
To Crush your enemies...to see them driven before you...and to hear the lamentation of their women...
Old 11-17-2010, 04:12 AM
Part-time Post Whore

I agree... i was going to inquire about a ule body but before i even could blink the only one left was a pewter.. and he hadnt even posted pics yet..

although his business methods are highly questionable, i dont think hes a scammer. although i could be wrong. i know that i am not going to purchase anything from him, although that $50 hyperframe looks tempting... although...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Evil SSP Comandant

Why is he ditching the parts for dirt cheap? Because he is selling them for a friend? Something doesn't sound right. I inquired about the Emax valve and he said"Here's my paypal info, you have first dibs becaused you pm'd me". I let him know I wasn't going to step on any toes and I thought that rseb4agze had mentioned earlier interest. Something is odd about that thread...
Old 11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

At least to me, it doesn't appear that he's trying to scam anyone... just a really bad seller. You don't give your paypal info to multiple people for the same item and then refund the unfortunate ones who could not send the payment fast enough.

Deleting the pics of stuff sold is certainly shady looking though but I think he's probably just keeping his photobucket folder clean

I still have not seen pics of any valves (since they've been sold/deleted)
I would have jumped on that Emax valve yesterday before everyone else started posting but did not want to chance anything.

Curious to see how this whole thing pans out... even if he's selling "for a friend", the prices are suspiciously low. I can see making a quick buck and not wanting to wait a long time to find buyers (I'm still trying to sell parts from a month ago) but most of these prices are really low.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Founding Member

I dont think he is scamming....just an interesting sales thread is all.
He is a Customer of ours, His prices are very low so if you see something you want snatch it up.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Rusty Shead Tool

Just don't' send him a personal and your covered.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Those Classic valves are in great shape and I have never heard of a Pro Charger valve. I dont think I would be trying to sell "Warp Weed" on a public forum

[IMG]http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo263/patrickmason/IMG_0940_zps14dd1033.jpg[/IMG

Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Rusty Shead Tool

Those "Warp Weeds" are mine

Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
Those Classic valves are in great shape and I have never heard of a Pro Charger valve. I dont think I would be trying to sell "Warp Weed" on a public forum
Those are medicinal warp weeds

Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Part-time Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Those are medicinal warp weeds
"made" in Hawaii

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~